These are the most common type of wind turbine you see both onshore and offshore. With horizontal blades instead of the latter vertical. Most commonly with three curved blades. These turbines need a mechanism that pivots the blades so they are facing the wind.
- Energy produced by Wind Turbines can be very cheap
- No competitive Wind Market for wind power
- After construction it will quickly produce more than the amount of energy it needed to be manufactured.
- Environmental impact on wildlife and ecosystems.
- People often complain about their impact on landscapes as they can be seen as an eye sore
- Energy emitted from a horizontal wind turbine can be very intermittent
What are the different types of wind turbine?